Here at Eden & June, we strive to create a soulful culture with dedicated, passionate team members who love what they do. We foster this culture by working with smart, creative & committed individuals who through communication and collaboration are able to deliver the vision of our brand.
We’re looking for three (3) individuals to be part of Eden & June’s initial team of coconspirators. The months to come are special — the firsts of many more exciting, challenging work days as we begin to build bigger, more beautiful & meaningful experiences.
While careers are starting out as four month internship programs until regularization, these positions are real full-heart, full-time jobs.
As part of our tiny but mighty team, expect to wear lots of (mostly pretty, sometimes sturdy) hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape Eden & June not only as a company, but as a community. Being a team and hopefully a family, we will constantly share conversations, trade secrets and share all that we are to each other, supporting & pushing each other to unravel our creative, organizational, and communicational superpowers.
What we look for in team members
• Our number one rule, always: we only work with individuals who are undeniably zestful about life, wildly passionate and joyful with everything they do everyday. There’s nothing quite like positivity, passion and gratitude flowing through a person and this is evident in their very aura and transmits to the work that they do.
• Professional, committed and hardworking. Work should be fun but it also means being accountable and responsible in all ways. This involves being prompt with agreed call-times, timetables & work tasks, and being fully focused and committed to achieving set goals no matter what it takes. In fact, you strive to deliver ahead of deadlines with work that you & the entire team can still be extremely proud of.
• Creative, intelligent and curious. You think outside the box (in fact for you, there is no box) and still constantly conceptualize and create outside of work because that’s just who you are. We love you for your creative, insightful ideas even moreso because you act quick and make them come alive pronto.
• Honesty, humility & openness. Being part of our team is essentially being part of a real family. This inner circle will be our safe space to share, learn and grow together. a team with kind transparency. We look out and support each other by being open to constructive criticism, well-reasoned insights & even sometimes offhand suggestions.
• Your personal growth & being in touch with your life’s purpose matters to you. You work hard not because you have to but because you want to use your time, energy, resources and love for meaningful pursuits. This motivates you to constantly challenge yourself — raising the bar and being the best at what you do because you know how this positively affects the entire Eden & June team and community.
• Independent people thrive here. You’re a born go-getter and self-motivated, always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up and make the world a better place. To add to that, you’re mobile & versatile, intuitive and naturally street smart.
(On that note, if you’re still a student looking into being part of our team, we don’t have time to play nanny/guardian to kids that need to be asked permission for.)
• Preferably living in the South of Metro Manila, Philippines — around Parañaque, Muntinlupa, BF Homes, Alabang, Filinvest, Cavite area
• And last, do you love Eden & June and understand our core values, aesthetic and what we stand up for in the first place? You have to feel it in your heart and soul and be able to communicate that compellingly with other people.
The basics, pretty much:
• You love tasteful art, clever design, fashion, music, photography, DIY, real life stories, conversations and meaningful endeavors
• Effective & clear communication skills for both verbal and written English
• You’re highly organized and hyper-focused on getting the littlest details right while juggling multiple projects. You’re strong by yourself but you’re a team player, ready to communicate honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions
• You’re downright stoked to work on several creative projects simultaneously under strict deadlines
• Background & knowledge with Metro Manila’s ever-growing creative scene, community-building, event production, online & social media activities and trends, and the like
• You like keeping up with technology and softwares that make business operations easier such as Google Apps, Adobe Creative Cloud, team communication & collaboration apps, backend CMS for websites, the typical Microsoft Office package, so on
• Past experiences: previous leadership roles or executed personal passion projects, extracurricular activities, internship experiences, blog/art/relevant samples of work, other experiences, and nope you don’t have to be a college graduate to apply!
• Working essentials: your beautiful heart and curious mind, a working laptop (preferably a Macbook), a functional cellphone (preferably an iPhone), a separate work notebook and a pen to match
• And well, you must be fun to be with!
You do not belong in our team if:
• You have personal drama
• You’re dishonest, untrustworthy and unnecessarily competitive
• You’re thin-skinned and overly attached to your ego, thinking about yourself more than what’s best for the entire community
• You just want to work for money/to support yourself
• You work halfheartedly for Eden & June as a side job so you can “start your own thing”
• You don’t believe in yourself and your capabilities to make impossibilities actual possibilities, giving in to self-doubt & insecurities that leaves you paralyzed
Compensation & benefits
• A monthly allowance will be provided
• Lots of new experiences and connections
• Letters of recommendation and school credit upon completion, if required
• Close mentorship for your personal creative visions, side projects or goal-setting with lots of insightful and soulful discussions to match
• And ya’know, other surprises & perks here and there if you deserve it. Lots and lots of them!
• Most important still, a fuller heart of fulfillment
Duration: Three (3) months internship
Work hours: Tuesdays-Thursdays, 10-6PM in our office space and working from home on Thursdays & Fridays
How to apply
You didn’t think we were going to allow boring applications, did you? Surprise us with the craziest, most creative application package you can put together. Content should include relevant creative work samples, your CV and a quick creative video of yourself as your cover letter, where you give us a brief background on yourself, expound on your skill set and experiences, share to us your other personal interests and what you use most of your time for today, both for work and out of love. Throw all the clichés away, or what you think we think is cool. Be you and blow us away with your realness.*
You may submit all digital files to: email@example.com, or if you’re an old soul and prefer to send in your creations via snail mail you may have them delivered to our office address – email us for details.
So excited to meet you, and quite possibly, work together!