It’s a sunny September 1st when Zeus and our founder/creative director Chiara meet up in a quiet (well, supposedly, haha!) brunch place in the city to record this episode – our fourth, and by far the most hilarious.
It’s been 2 years since their last conversation, about four since the very first time they’ve met, but you’ll feel the friendship that they share a minute into this week’s show. It’s pretty amazing.
Zeus inspires us to the brink. He’s not just a storyteller in our eyes, we admire his insights, more so his naturally caring nature. The way he treasures people and supports them is a delight to witness and no bs, we definitely believe that this is the reason why he’s thriving as a wedding photographer and will go places no matter what he chooses to pursue.
You’ll like all the insights and mishaps on this one for sure, go ahead and giggle away ♡
Find Zeus Elsewhere
3:31 – Zeus talks about his journey so far as a wedding photographer – his current projects & the beginnings of his career
9:32 – We talk about the meaning behind his website & handle name ‘Shoot in Any Light’
13:14 – I ask Zeus how he stays in love with photography even when the business-side of it (what with restrictions & demands) can sometimes get in the way. Clue: gratitude, always always always
17:33 – Zeus shares about how he keeps up with his wedding photography business and how it all comes down to being a good human more than a great photographer – being able to empathize with people & to really listen and communicate well
25:16 – We talk about the benefits of mentorship instead of jumping off and doing your own thing right away, Zeus’ experience as a mentee and now a mentor
27:47 – Something crazy happens!
30:22 – Check out Raniel Hernandez’ work here
32:30 – Zeus talks about the feelings of fulfillment that come with mentoring & passing on his knowledge and skills
36:32 – Millenials need to learn patience – to learn how to just watch, help out and assist their mentors & trainers
38:11 – Zeus shares about what work-life balance means for him
41:29 – And yes, another giveaway to share with you, especially to our budding photography friends over here! Tune in until the very end of this episode to find out about the full details to our #FranklywithZeus giveaway
All you gotta do is:
- Make sure your Instagram account is set to public so we can view your entries. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Share any of the photographs you took that you’re most proud of and tell us the story behind it – whether it’s how you got it, the challenges you had to go through to get that one shot, or maybe even what that photo means to you and what you hope you can impart to others through it.
- Important: mention us both @edenandjune @shootinanylight and hashtag your post with #franklywithzeus. If you don’t do this, we won’t be able to count your post as an entry.
- Make sure you give us a follow on Instagram 😉
- Once you’ve published your entry, come back to this post and place your information on the comment portion below. Leave us your name & your Instagram username. It should look like this:
Hi, I joined the #FranklywithZeus giveaway! Here are my details –
Name: Andrea Genota
We’re keeping an eye out for your submissions only until Thursday, October 27, 2016 and announcing winners on Eden & June social media accounts right the next day, Friday. We will be choosing winners alongside Zeus based on both your photograph & accompanying story.
*This giveaway is open only to Philippine residents
Always grateful for your time,
Eden & June