You’ll know for sure why we love Sofia if you’ve previously come across her collage work and writings online, more so if you’ve gotten to know her as a friend like we do. Charm & creativity can be acquired, but if a soul shines brightly, it must be a natural gift. That’s what she is to us – a gift.
Sofia is one of those girls you just admire because she’s who she is and not afraid (or at least fights through the fear) to be real and vulnerable. She chases after her dreams with courage, armed with her creativity, heart on her sleeve and with deep-seated hopes to empower & encourage others to live creatively.
And since our founder & creative director Chiara and Sofia are practically sisters almost, there was no way Sofia wasn’t going to be on Frankly Radio. It has turned out to be a beautiful conversation and frankly (see what we did there?) an episode we’ll always consider a favorite.
We do think you’ll love this week’s show, honesty and giggles and all ♡
Find Sofia Elsewhere
2:44 – Sofia shares about the life-changing experiences she had in Vancouver, and a little bit on how travel has helped her grow
6:17 – We talk about limited options for ‘careers’ we’re given growing up but how we can create an entirely different job that fits our unique set of circumstances & passions
9:05 – And then we visit her childhood, remembering some moments that determined her creative flair & shaped her into the collage artist she is today
12:20 – With all the projects that Sofia has, we talk about what an ideal day looks for her. Clue: it’s about emptying herself out!
14:30 – We talk about how she balances her time, and her new-found desire to strike a balance between her work & life. She talks about the value of letting go of all unnecessaries and saying no to everything that she feels won’t add value to her life or help her grow
22:54 – Sofia shares about her new website themadmuse.co, what it means for her and what she hopes to share to her audience
25:46 – We talk about the importance of sharing your truth despite naysayers, Sofia sharing about her personal experiences and how she uses negative feedback as fuel to create even more
39:56 – I ask Sofia one silly question about an open portal and how Sofia will always choose this world over any other mysterious, alternate Universe
42:53 – Find out about Sofia’s ongoing and upcoming projects & workshops, all of which you should get involved in
45:55 – Details to our #FranklywithSofia giveaway
Yup, you read that right, another giveaway for all of you!
All you gotta do is answer this question we have for you:
“If you can create and name an entirely new career for yourself — out of the norm, out of the ordinary, what would it be, what would you call it, and why?*
Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose where you would like to share your entry, either on Instagram or Facebook. Please make sure that your account or post settings are set to public so we can view your entries. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- If you’re posting on Instagram, simply repost the photograph above, or share your own alongside your answer to the question as the caption.
- If you’re submitting your entry via Facebook, all you have to do is share our ‘We’re having a giveaway! post with your answer to the question as the caption.
- Important: you have to mention both @edenandjune @sofia.cope on Instagram or Eden & June and The Mad Muse via Facebook and hashtag your post with #franklywithsofia. If you don’t do this, we won’t be able to count your post as an entry.
- Of course, you gotta make sure you give us a follow on Instagram & Facebook 😉
- Once you’ve shared your entry, head back to this post and place your information on the comment portion below. Leave us your name, your Instagram/Facebook username, and your email (which we’ll be deleting over here once we’ve sent you your gifts, we promise!) – it should look like this:
Hi, I joined the #FranklywithSofia giveaway! Here are my details –
Name: Chiara Garcia
We’ll be waiting for your entries until Thursday, October 20, 2016 and sending everybody their gifts via email right the next day, Friday. And yes, everybody wins on this one so get posting friends!
Rooting for you always,
Eden & June