Sharing our first conversation with Abbey for our debut episode is so special.
She’s special to us, to begin with – Abbey is an artist & author, known mostly for her lettering work both locally and internationally.
But she’s more than just an amazing creative for us, really. She’s become a friend and an inspiration to keep working with passion and purpose in making our creative dreams come true while making sure that we still take care of ourselves and have fun while we’re at it.
We’re proud to mention Abbey has also released her newest book just recently entitled The ABCs of Journaling, but she’s got more and we’re stoked for everything else she’s got to share!
We hope you enjoy Frankly Radio’s first ever episode ♡
Find Abbey Elsewhere
5:24 – We talk about work-life balance and Abbey says creatives won’t always have a 50/50 work-life balance but can still be totally happy, especially when you love what you do
8:08 – We talk about Abbey’s journey as a self-employed creative entrepreneur so far. She shares about finding the right routines, scheduling, prioritizing and the normal struggles she often experiences
8:45 – There are so many avenues for creativity, and that’s why millenials can be multi-passionate. What’s important is choosing one main focus and letting everything else take its place
9:37 – Being self-employed isn’t always as easy as people think. Abbey shares her reasons for leaving her full-time job, which was mostly prompted by her TEDxUPM: On Life & Lettering talk from last February 2015
17:43 – Abbey gives advice for those who are currently working in the corporate scene but want to do their own thing despite fears – number 1 being to create a strategy
24:10 – Abbey describes her usual week
30:36 – We talk about how important it is to still write and journal no matter how hectic our lives get. Abbey shares what she writes on her journals often, and the crazy amount of notebooks she has now. You will go :O too, we bet!
39:00 – The downsides of taking countless photographs when we travel, even though we mean well is not worth it. We talk about being present and really looking when we’re out there
43:00 – I throw three random questions at Abbey – you will learn a lot of surprising facts about her here
49:10 – Abbey shares her latest projects, especially on her new book The ABCs of Journaling
51:38 – Details to our #FranklywithAbbey giveaway
Yup, you read that right! Along with all our weekly Frankly Radio episodes until December, we are also hosting a giveaway for each one. Double the love, double the gifts. We hope this makes you feel how much we love you!
All you have to do is answer our question for you:
“How important is it for you to document little moments and snippets of your life in a journal?”*
It doesn’t matter if you’re currently journaling already or you’ve stopped and Abbey’s Frankly episode has made you realize you want to start all over again. Maybe you’ve never tried journaling and now you’re starting to get interested to.
Here’s what we need for you to do:
- Choose where you would like to share your entry, either on Instagram or Facebook. You have to make sure that your account or post settings are set to public, so we can view your entries. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- If you’re posting on Instagram, simply repost the photograph above (or share a photo of your own journal!) with your answer to the question as the caption. It’s all about your words, so be as honest as you can be with the question.
- If you’re submitting through Facebook, all you have to do is share our ‘We’re having a giveaway! post with your answer to the question as the caption.
- Important: whether you are posting on Instagram & Facebook, you need to tag both @edenandjune @abbeysy or Eden & June and Abbey Sy and hashtag your post with #franklywithabbey. If you don’t do this, we won’t be able to count your post as a submission.
- Make sure you’re following us on Facebook & Instagram, of course! 😉
- When you’re done posting on either Instagram & Facebook, come back to this post and place your information on the comment portion below. Leave us your name, your Instagram or Facebook username (whatever you chose to post in) and your city or location. It should look like this:
Hi, I joined the #FranklywithAbbey giveaway! Here are my details –
Name: Chiara Garcia
Location: Parañaque City
And that’s it! Happy dance and exclaim “done, done, and done!”
We will be accepting submissions only until Thursday, October 6, 2016. We will be choosing winners based on all your answers and announcing winners here and on Eden & June social media accounts right the next day, Friday!
Excited to read your thoughts,
Eden & June